You’ve sent off your resume and cover letter, and, hooray — you just learned that you’ve been invited for an interview! You’ve practically got the job, right?
Bowdoin students look great on paper, but we hear from employers (and students) that many Bowdoin applicants can do a better job in interviews.
Interviewing is a specific skill, and it takes practice. Bowdoin Career Planning has a number of resources to help you get better.
Our interviewing guide has good information and sample questions to help you prep for all kinds of interviews. You can also review our pages on first round interviewing, second round interviewing, and phone or virtual interviewing.
A mock interview offers a unique opportunity to gain experience with real-world interview situations in a supportive, low-stakes environment. We can arrange for mock interviews with alums and local professionals, who will give you pointed feedback to help you get ready for your real interview. Call us at (207) 725-3717 to set up a mock interview. Our mock interview guide will help you prepare.
We also recommend taking a look at these other essential guides to help you prepare for your interview:
Recent posts tagged Interviewing:
- Do you have a personal story? How do you tell it? Do you know your personal story? This exercise will help you create your Personal Story.
- If You Had to Rob a Bank, How Would You Do It? Out of the ordinary interview questions are becoming more commonplace in all rounds of the interview process. Generally, these curveball questions fall into two broad categories
- Launch Your Consulting Career – Sign Up for NEW On-Campus Case Interviewing Workshop Would you like to get a leg-up on case interviewing while learning more about how consultants tackle complex business problems? Join us for Bowdoin’s first-ever Crack the Case Workshop
- Storytelling in Your Interview Are you familiar with the STAR technique to answer behavioral or situational questions in your interview?
- What Is Your Greatest Weakness? Good interviewing skills are essential to any job search, and like any skill, only practice makes perfect. A mock interview offers a unique opportunity to gain experience with real-world interview