- Steps to Success
- Career Paths
- Making A Good Impression
- Career Tools
- About Us
- Not a Student?
With that in mind we’d like to make you aware of a few changes that will impact your relationship with Bowdoin Career Planning in the upcoming months:
1. As a member of the Class of 2017, your status on eBEAR has now been changed to ‘Alumni‘. You will only be able be allowed to apply for any jobs marked ‘Alumni’.
2. On August 15, your eBear status will be changed to blocked — this means you will still be able to log in and view positions, but will no longer be able to apply to opportunities. If you would like to apply to jobs after this date and directions are not clear on eBEAR, please contact Patrick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that positions with deadlines after 7/31/17 are for Class of 2018 to start post-grad, so they are NOT for immediate hire. We post immediate start opportunities to the BCAN Group on LinkedIn, so we encourage you to join the group if you have not already. This will be the best place to look for Bowdoin partner employers who are hiring for immediate start.
3. In October, you will also relinquish your ‘@Bowdoin.edu’ email address. This would be a good time to go to important log-in spots that might be associated with that email address and update your settings to a new private email address. It is particularly important to do this on LinkedIn – Go to the icon in the upper right hand corner (Account & Settings), scroll to ‘Privacy and Settings’ and click on ‘Manage’. Then change your Primary Email. This will assure you that messages will be forwarded to you without interruption and will allow you to continue to network within the BCAN Group.
4. Update your LinkedIn profile. We want to be able to keep up to date on all that our recent grads are doing. Please, let us know about your successes, moves, and promotions.
5. Send us your internship and job postings – PLEASE!!! Throughout your senior year many of you were helped by the legions of alumni and parents in the Bowdoin Career Advisory Network. Now it is your turn to help fellow Polar Bears – and incur their endless gratitude. When a job or posting within your organization comes up that would be appropriate for a Bowdoin candidate, please fill out our simple job submission form.